Our simplest and most requested cookie! This melt-in-your-mouth ginger cookie is from a secret family recipe enjoyed by our family since 1859. It’s time to let the cat out of the bag so that you can share the experience with your family!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||45 minutes|
- 2 c sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 3/4 c dark molasses
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c egg
- 1/3 c cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir the mixture to blend evenly, and sift a second time into another bowl.
- Place the shortening into a mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Gradually beat in the white sugar. Beat in the egg, and dark molasses. Sift 1/3 of the flour mixture into the shortening mixture; stir to thoroughly blend. Sift in the remaining flour mixture, and mix together until a soft dough forms. Pinch off small amounts of dough and roll into 1 inch diameter balls between your hands. Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar, and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked, about 10 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack. Store in an air tight container.
Use this section for whatever you like.
Share this Recipe
This text will appear below your recipe.